Thread: Schlage Z-wave Deadbolt

Schlage Z-wave Deadbolt

I recently paired my schlage touchscreen deadbolt to my GoControl system. At approximately midnight yesterday the system logged a lock malfunction. I thought nothing of it as when I got up this morning everything seemed to work normally (system could see lock and control it perfectly). When I came home from work none of my codes would open the door. I reprogrammed the keypad with a new code and entered house. System could still see and control the lock perfectly.

Why would the lock lose the codes due to a loss of communication?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What firmware version are you running on panel?

There were a lot of zwave Schlage lock fixes. Firmware v1.10.1 included a fix for scenerio where lock codes were being removed after system configuration changes.

If you are running the newest firmware, then it could be a compatibility issue with the Schlage lock you are using. There are reports that the BE468/BE469 are having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay with SuretyCAM Aug 25 2014
    It should be noted that the BE468 and BE469 are experiencing numerous communication issues with the 2GIG panel at the moment and do not work properly. This issue is currently being investigated by both ADC and 2GIG to hopefully come to a quick resolution

If you have the newest firmware, you should submit a support ticket on your alarm.com system page, if you are not running newest firmware, update it, and see if your issue resolves.

To check firmware version, download new firmware, see: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/1-(...ntrol-Firmware

Thank you very much for the info! I do have a BE468 and version 1.10.

If I report the issue on the alarm.com page, can/will they update the firmware for me? I have the cell module so I would think they could easily push out an update.

Update your panel firmware to 1.10.1 , or have your provider do it OTA. This fix will resolve your issue with user codes being deleted.

Use the alarm.com "support center" to submit a ticket for the Schlage BE468 issues.

Expect to have limited automation functionality use of the locks for now insofar as setting rules go.

See: http://suretydiy.com/forums/search/be468/

Disarm 2gig system by entering code into Schlage be468 and be469

We have finally figured out how to disarm your 2gig system by entering a valid user code into the Schlage be468 and be469

It works with 1.10 and 1.10.1 FYI...alarm.com does not offer OTA 1.10 to 1.10.1 this has to be done with the update cable at this time

It requires a programming change and I will be putting together a tutorial and instructions shortly

If you need it right away I have a cheet sheet available pm me

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    Update your panel firmware to 1.10.1 , or have your provider do it OTA. This fix will resolve your issue with user codes being deleted.

Use the alarm.com "support center" to submit a ticket for the Schlage BE468 issues.

Expect to have limited automation functionality use of the locks for now insofar as setting rules go.

See: http://suretydiy.com/forums/search/be468/
    Last edited by locknalarm; 09-25-2014 at 12:45 AM.
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Banned
    Just thought I'd weigh in on this. As far as trying to use Schlage Locks with 2GIG panels goes, I would suggest trying to use something else. I just spoke with Alarm.com and the rep told me that full functionality with the 2GIG system and Schlage Zwave locks will not be available until at least version 1.13 of the 2GIG firmware. They couldn't give me an ETA on that version, but at the rate that they release firmware, I'd say that's at least another 5-6 months away.

Thread Information