Thread: Failed update - Flashing Red Light

Failed update - Flashing Red Light

I was in the process of updating my ts1 panel. While updating, I didn't see any progress in the status bar, so I removed the cable and unplugged the power, so that I can try again. Now when I power up the TS1, there is only a flashing light and it is not recognized by the update tool. Did I mess up the keypad? Is there anything I can do to get this working again? Thanks

For v1.10/v1.10.1

Kill all power and try to update ts1 again using cable/4 pin adapter

Make sure you create the shortcut for the ts1 (not main panel), if you flash the wrong firmware you will brick the TS1

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    For v1.10/v1.10.1

Kill all power and try to update ts1 again using cable/4 pin adapter

Make sure you create the shortcut for the ts1 (not main panel), if you flash the wrong firmware you will brick the TS1
    Hi Rive,

I definitely used the TS1 firmware as it's the only one I've created a shortcut for. I am using the cable with the 4 pin adapter. One thing I noticed is the adapter is loose when inserted into the TS1 touchpad. So I was holding it in place as I was updating the touchpad. Now when attempting to update, the update tool doesn't seem to be recognize that the TS1 is connected. It just has the "No Panel" message. As I mentioned before, if I try to power up the TS1, all it does is flash a red light. It does not boot up at all.

If the cable moves the update will fail. Secure the cable (I usually run it behind the ts1/wall). Do not hold it.

Remove batteries (if installed), disconnect AC , make sure you properly connect the 4pin/cable at TSI, and USB at PC. Reconnect AC power to TS1.

If it does not see panel check connections. I usually put the 4pin in the j4 cable connection prior to inserting in ts1. Make sure you are properly inserting the 4 pin in ts1 port

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    If the cable moves the update will fail. Secure the cable (I usually run it behind the ts1/wall). Do not hold it.

Remove batteries (if installed), disconnect AC , make sure you properly connect the 4pin/cable at TSI, and USB at PC. Reconnect AC power to TS1.

If it does not see panel check connections. I usually put the 4pin in the j4 cable connection prior to inserting in ts1. Make sure you are properly inserting the 4 pin in ts1 port
    I will try again. I really not sure how I would secure the cable. The TS1 is not mounted yet, I have it laying on my desk as I'm doing the update. The adapter was really loose, that is why I was trying to hold it. Does it matter which end of the 4 pin adapter goes into the ts1 port, as the adapter isn't really secure when attaching it to the TS1 port?

I don't think it matters which end unless its different. There are different pin holes, make sure you are in the right ones. You are going to have to find a way to secure cable so it doesn't move...even if you need to tape it

I just wanted to give an update. I was able to successfully update the TS1 touchpad. I used a different computer and it updated with no problem. I'm not sure if it was the switching of the computer or if I did something different. Whatever it is, I''m just glad it finally worked. Thank you for all your help!!

Thread Information