Did you invest in glass break detectors for home or property?

Glassbreak sensors can’t replace the full protection of motion and entry sensors. Use them to add a third layer of protection to first floor rooms with lots of windows and/or a glass sliding door.
What many dont know is that glass breaks are one of the easiest sensors to defeat, and since most either go with motion detectors OR window sensors OR glass break detectors this presents a vulnerability in your security.

Many who use glass breaks also do not use window/door sensors for perimeter protection, and likely have no passive infared motion detectors for interior protection.

Heavy curtains on your windows render your glass breaks ineffective too.

So once the perimeter sensor(s) are circumvented, and/or defeated, your security has just been rendered ineffective and utterly useless.

How to defeat GB sensors (believe it or not, all you need is duct tape):

"Before you think a Glass Break Sensor is a good idea, consider this:

Such sensors have been part of security systems for years and crooks have found easy ways to thwart their usefulness. I was speaking with a security expert recently who told me about a case where a customer using a rather expensive system with glass sensors on every window and entry sensors on both doors and windows. Despite this, the person's residence was broken into and they were wiped out. How could this happen? Well, the intruder using duct tape, was able to gain entry without any of the alarms going off - no glass was broken and no window was opened - the glass was simply removed. Had he had motion sensors, the intruder would have set off the alarm. So, why glass sensors might have been a good idea years ago, their efficacy today is minimal."
Intruders will quickly apply wide strips of duct-tape to the glass prior to breaking it.

This not only prevents a glass break sensor from detecting the acoustical sound of breaking glass, it also significantly reduces the amount of noise being made.

These detectors will also not operate correctly if the glass is cracked. An easy way to circumvent glass-break detectors is to completely tape the glass with duct tape, and then shatter it.

Muffling the break sound with a towel or other soft casing may also obfuscate the break sound.

But wait...most burglars are opportunists, not professionals, dumb criminals who just want a $20 rock...right?

While that may be true, is it really that hard to buy a $5 roll of duct tape at the nearest store? Even the dumbest crack/meth head is smart enough to use duct tape...

I hardly think $5 worth of duct tape constitutes a "professional". Any Joe Blow, 12 year old, druggie can circumvent your Home security system with ease if you are relying on glass breaks to protect your home.

Then also consider that the majority of home security systems DO NOT have any second floor windows/doors sensored/protected at all (and forget about third floor windows)...and most criminals, burglars know this. How safe and secure is your home now?

If I wanted to target a home, I'd get the thickest roll of duct tape, and make my means of entry a second floor window/door...better still if you have tempered glass, I will tape it all up, hit it with a ball peen, and simply pull the tape out with glass shards attached. Second floor windows/sliding glass doors are the most vulnerable, and least likely protected area of your half a million dollar home full of jewelry, nice electronics, etc.

Be proactive in your own home defense...you don't have to think like a criminal to protect your home, but if you're counting on it only to be sufficiently protected against the dumbest, slow witted, lowest common denominator of criminals, then you only have yourself to blame when you become a target of opportunity.

It is in your best interest to not rely solely on GB sensors, but to invest in window/door sensors, shock sensors, AND interior pir motion detectors as a primary and secondary line of defense.