Thread: Deleting an ADC camera

Deleting an ADC camera

My system has an ADC-520IR camera that we don't really use. I'm considering selling it.

What do I need to do to delete it from my system and render it capable of being used by a new owner?

On your online account Video/Camera tab, there should be a screen to add or delete cameras, delete the camera from your account.

No such tab, I don't think. 2.0 users have a separate login portal on the Vivint site, I wonder if that does not exist there.

After having looked at the sky panel User interface (vivintsky.com), I don't think you can. Vivint has removed almost all User access to everything that was previously available to Vivint customers on the alarm.com user interface for the 2GIG panels and cameras.

You may have a setting to add/remove cameras on the panel itself.

Vivint has locked it down so much that the home User has near zero control over their system. Vivint sky.com is basically a web based version of a lite mobile app- tstat temp settings, arming status, limited zwave controls and that's it.

From what I can gather, it may require a tech visit just to configure camera wireless connection if you so much as even change your WiFi SSID or router password.

As long as Vivint didn't change the ADC camera firmware, and it isn't on an alarm.com account, it should be fine, but if it is, the camera will not be usable by anyone else for alarm.com until you delete it .

An ADC camera on a SkyControl panel can be easily removed, and added to any alarm.com Video enabled account. (This does not remove the camera from the panel though)

All needs be done with camera is to reset it to default config.

Plug in camera to power, hold in the ADC camera reset button for approx 30 sec.

That's it. Camera is reset, and can be added to another ADC Video enabled account using the normal procedure for adding a camera.

On the Skypanel, the ADC cameras are not associated with alarm.com, and are paired right to the panel itself and DVR. The firmware is default ADC. By resetting the camera, you are clearing the data/IP settings that associate it with the panel.

One further issue should be noted (ADC-V520IR)

If the camera is already installed on the Sky panel, the firmware may end with "0100m2". This can cause compatibility issues when it is re-registered to alarm.com

To resolve:

1. Manually enter the MAC address when adding it.

Check the settings for video camera on ADC (alarm.com), if it is not showing firmware ending in "0100e" (IP8136W-ALAM-0100e), submit a support ticket to have the firmware updated OTA.

note- Other ADC camera models may require different firmware, for example, the V610PT uses firmware version "TC5633-TCAL-0108a"

Thread Information